The Advanced Training course provides facilitators with the tools to deliver Strengthening Families, Strengthening Communities (SFSC) to parents with a greater degree of focus on adult relationships and the impact of conflict with the co-parenting relationship on children.
It builds on the SFSC core training course and provides practitioners with the skills and understanding to meet the needs of parents experiencing conflict whether they are living together or living apart.
As well as providing a written a fully mapped supplementary manual which addresses parental conflict across the programme. It provides a range of additional video, web based and written resources that facilitators can access to support their delivery.
- Explorations of strengths and vulnerabilities and strategies to cope with life’s ‘stresses’
- What conflict looks like for families ‘from silence to violence’
- Communication: constructive versus destructive
- Empathy, the other perspective and managing anger
- Community support both now and in the future to avoid ‘crisis’
- How children are harmed by different forms of conflict in the short and long term
- Importance of the parent/child relationship as a protective factor for children
Practitioners need to have completed the five day core training before attending this one day course.
Delegates will be provided with all necessary training materials.
Lunch and refreshments are provided.
BOOK TRAINING or for further information contact email@example.com