Supporting third sector workforce development and engagement
Funded by the Children’s Workforce Development Council (CWDC), 2010-2011
For more details on this work, please contact Ratna Dutt
This project is being carried out for the Children's Workforce Development Council as part of a consortium alongside:
- Children England, the leading membership organisation for the children, young people and families/carer's voluntary sector
- National Council for Voluntary Youth Services (NCVYS), the independent voice of the voluntary and community youth sector in England
- National Association for Voluntary and Community Action (NAVCA), the national voice of local Third Sector infrastructure in England.
The consortium is working to improve the skills and knowledge of staff and volunteers to enable them to better deliver services.
The Race Equality Foundation liaised with black and minority ethnic/faith-based organisations who work directly or indirectly with children and young people to:
- increase their involvement in workforce development, in order to enable them to better meet the needs of children, young people and families
- demonstrate to CWDC the benefitsthese organisations bring to the children and young people's workforce.
Although originally meant to be a three year programme the work is coming to an end at the end of March 2011. In the lifetime of the project we have:
- identified and made contact with a large number of black and minority ethnic organisations who work with children and young people
- gained information about their experiences of workforce development through meetings and a questionnaire.
The findings of the work will be available soon.